Friday, February 20, 2009

thankful for junk tv

I watch junk tv. Not a lot, but a little junk tv is too much. It is a weakness. 95% of the junk tv I watch is DVR'ed so I that I can watch it while Dylan is out of town or out of the house. Dylan HATES my junk tv and he tells me this every time he catches a glimpse of it. Junk tv makes Dylan sick - sick to think people actually act like that.

I usually use two different excuses as to why I watch junk tv. 1.) It makes me feel connected to the world outside of our little world. Yes, this is a stupid excuse but it is true. I watch what people are wearing, how their hair is styled, what foods they are eating, their activities, types of exercise, etc. We live soooo far removed from any sense of style or new happening things. Sushi is still a new concept here for Pete's sake!!

And 2.) It makes me grateful and appreciative that we do live in our simple little world up north. I watch the people be so mean to one another. I watch as their world revolves around material possessions. I watch the bratty kids who have no idea what is going on throughout the world. It also makes me sick - but then so ever grateful for my simple life!

The other night I watched an episode of Real Housewives of Orange County. One of the housewife's story was about finding a new husband. This time around she was going to find someone who truly loved her, loved spending time with her and just someone who cared about her. Sure she had a huge house, nice cars, beautiful kids but she had never been loved by her husband. It was so sad to me yet at the same time it made me reflect and realize how blessed I am to be married to Dylan.

So there I am sitting on my couch watching junk tv and thanking God for my husband! Not just thanking God but in a deep thoughtful prayer to God for my husband. All because of junk tv!!!

- Did I mention this was also the day Dylan surprised me with grocery store flowers (my favorite) at work or that when I was changing for the gym after work I found a nice card and new perfume (that I have wanted but hadn't said anything) hidden in my drawer? Talk about the best husband. I felt so loved - not because of the gifts but the thoughtfulness of it all. -

Well Dylan is off fishing for a couple days while I get ready for a week of midterms and presentations. This also means I will being watching a few more episodes of The Hills, Real Housewives and whatever else is on Bravo. By the time Dylan arrives home on Sunday I will probably have cried 5 times about how much I love him and/or how grateful I am for him. I may also be sporting a new outfit I put together thanks in part to Whitney Port.

Happy Friday!

edited: I deleted the picture of Dylan. It was over saturated and he was wearing his old sunglasses. I don't like his old sunglasses - he is much more steezy now. This picture was taken by mistake with my old camera. I like the eerie effect.

dreaming of these types of fishing days soon!!!

No comments: