Monday, February 9, 2009

arsty fartsy crafty macaroni gluer

A little of this...raw and on sale
P2084455
P2084474

A few of these...simple and half priced
P2084458

Some measurements and the help of my handy husband took this...
P2084439

To this!
P2084480

I love it! It's totally my/our style -- of course my style but he tells me he likes it! I'm trying to make our home our home. Of course there are some definite rules to follow, but I want to live in a space that is us. Sometimes its colorful and vibrant and sometimes its calm and simple.

Yesterday I decided it was time to put up some curtains in our kitchen/dining area. We love the openness of the new patio door, but sometimes the sun is a little bright and the night is a little dark. Until yesterday I was undecided what to do with the space. But then my inner arsty-fartsy-crafty-macaroni-gluer (a quote from a former Project Runway designer) took over and voila we had curtains!

It was so much fun. I am so happy it turned out. If interested, this is where I learned all about "mis-treatments". No sewing or gluing was required for my little project. I can't wait to do this in our master bedroom!

PS - Sorry for the bad pictures. I had limited time -- I had already subjected Dylan to the fabric store and I wanted his help on future projects!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I think it's beautiful, you go girl!
Jae Nelson

Dylan and Kelli said...

Thanks Jae! It was a lot of fun and I just love it more everyday!