Tuesday, February 3, 2009

it's mine

Dylan and I are pretty good at sharing. What's yours is mine type of thing. Dylan is most definitely better than me, but I am getting better.:-) To further this, we try to make it a point not to say my, mine, his, yours, etc. For example, it's not his boat, it's our boat. She's not my mom, she is mom (or memah!).

Then there is the camera. It's mine. I try and try and try to say the camera, but physically I just can't do in 99% of the time.

Today is one year with my camera. Yes, I love the silly thing so much that I remember the day I bought it! I remember calling Dylan in a panic (he was out of town) because it was the last one and the sale price was AMAZING. We had been saving money for a new tv and without hesitation Dylan told me to buy the camera, the tv could wait another couple months. (I know, my husband is AMAZING!!)

The camera and our portable hard drive full of photos are my prized possessions. It's not the camera itself that I love so much, its the photos. I love the adventures and the memories of the photos. My camera forces me to learn, to try new things and to be creative. I love the entire process.

Don't worry - we did get the tv. I wonder if Dylan remembers the day we purchased it? :-) Either way, I truly am grateful for our camera!

Here are some of my favorite pictures of the last year. By no means am I saying these pictures are the best photos. Usually my favorite pictures are linked to the fun and the experiences behind the pictures.
lily edit 900

fishing dock 900

Old House York 900

boat 900

kyle grace sunset

P2160423

Meeka boat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are great photos, I love looking at what you're doing and love reading what you're writing.
Jae Nelson
Bwood, Tx