Sunday, January 10, 2010

8/365 – 10/365

8/365 was a hockey night.  We walk to the games because the arena is not too far from our house.  Friday night we pretty much ran to the game because it was somewhere around 40 below.  It’s a tricky run because some sidewalks aren’t shoveled very well and it’s icy.  It’s also kind of a workout!

hockey game (1 of 1)

9/365 was a very special day in our house.  Dylan (and I) bought our new boat!!  This boat has been talked about for years and the time finally came Saturday morning.  Dylan loves to fish and I love to be on the water so we agreed on a fish and ski combo.

rods (1 of 1)

The boat is in Iowa until March so it hasn’t yet sunk in for me.  However, Dylan is pretty happy right now and I’m sure he will be absolutely giddy come March!  Overall, I feel very blessed to have our little lake place and our new boat.

10/365 was a common Sunday.  The day was uneventful until this afternoon… Meeka and I went outside to take pictures as Dylan was finishing snowblowing/shoveling.  Dylan and Meeka began playing around in the snow when all of the sudden Meeka started acting very strange.  She got progressively worse very quickly.  It was very scary to watch what we think was a seizure.  We brought her inside and we laid her on the kitchen floor.  She did not look like her normal self at all.  After awhile we thought she was doing better but then she seemed to have another seizure…  We had no idea what to do.  It was so scary.

Meeka & Dylan (1 of 1)

Tonight Meeka appears to be fine and she is acting like her normal self – the lovable and loyal lab.  She has had a small seizure like episode before when she hit her head on the concrete slab and today she hit her head on Dylan’s goggles while they were playing.  We are hoping she just knocked herself silly like she has done in the past.

Either way, I am very thankful Meeka seems to be doing better.  I don’t know what we would do without our lovable lab and cranky daschund!! :-)

I’m off to Minneapolis for work and Dylan is meeting me there later in the week.  I’m excited to spend some time together in the big city! :-
)

No comments: