Thursday, January 7, 2010

6/365 & 7/365

Funny note about my 2010 word of ‘grow’.  The root of it is that I want to grow as a person on the inside…  As soon as Dylan heard my word he quickly rebutted with ‘well I hope not out of your pants!’  Yes dear, I hope not out of my pants as well!!  After all, not growing out of my pants is a default New Years resolution that does not need to be noted or stated.  Its just a given!  :-)

shells snow (1 of 1)

Snow and seashells are not typically found together.  However, this winter has brought snow to Texas and Florida residents are currently freeeeezing.  I know about those cold Floridians because Kyle keeps telling me how much everyone is complaining about the 50 degree temps.  However, I’m pretty sure he is complaining a little too even though he won’t admit it to me!

Anyway, these shells and snow signify one thing…  We booked our annual winter trip to visit the sand and sun!!!  We are off to Mexico!  Well not now, but soon enough!

We are going with three other couples to Cozumel.  I don’t think Dylan nor I would have originally chosen Cozumel, but in the end I think it’s going to be great!  I just care about the sun and sand… all the rest is just icing on the cake. :-)

Now back to our currently reality, it was finally our day to have our street cleared from the latest snow.  This may sound like nothing special, but trust me the walls of snow are dangerous to drive among!  You can’t see anything!

I have no idea where the city puts all of this snow they haul away.  Some people think they drop it in (actually on the river because the river is frozen solid) the river – wonder if Canada knows this?  Remember the Red River majorly floods EVERY YEAR and it flows north!

I’m going to end my night by listening to Dylan yell at the tv.  He is not usually one of those type of guys but tonight is the big Texas versus Alabama championship football game. Its been a big week for sports in our house!  Hook ‘em Horns!! 

No comments: