Tuesday, January 5, 2010

4/365 & 5/365

This is the exact reason I did not set any rules for my little 365 project… :-)  I did not feel well yesterday and I came home early from work today.  However, I did take a picture(s) yesterday and I took a few today as well.

Yesterday, my goal was to think of a word that I wanted to represent 2010 for myself – seems to kinda be the trend this New Year as apposed to all the resolutions!  From that word I then wanted to take a picture relating to my word. 

office flower (1 of 1)

I came up with GROW.  I then took this picture of my dusty office plant (our house plants actually grow quite well!).  I hope to elaborate more on my word, but not tonight...

Today, my picture was all about my favorite northern necessities.  Uggs.

 boots (1 of 1)

I don’t care if they are ugly.  I don’t care if they are last season, five seasons ago or never in season.  They are warm!!

I think northerners should be given a free pass in regards to style during winter.  At least a free pass for the days when the high temperature is barely above zero (not above freezing, above zero!) i think we should only have to worry about being warm – not warm and stylish! :-)   Hopefully, my cute scarves and hats make up for my somewhat stylish/somewhat ugly boots!

In other northern news, the USA Junior Hockey team (under 20) just won the World Juniors!!!  Against Canada!  In overtime.  I think I should take a picture of the tv right now to document this day for Dylan. :-)  One of the best players on the USA team is a UND freshman and the USA coach was a longtime UND coach.  Pretty cool!  In the hockey world, this win is big news. 

No comments: