Saturday, January 23, 2010

18/365 ...

I came, I tried, I sucked, I quit!

I have decided to stop my 365 project. I made it a few whole weeks. Great job Kelli. Ha!

I have numerous reasons… First, it is way too much of a commitment that I am not ready or willing to make. Second, I am not taking quality pictures – it’s more just quantity, which was not my original goal. And my reasons and/or excuses continue on from there. :-)

I do see the value in a 365 project because it pushes you to find beauty in everyday situations or to find cool things to photograph each and every day. Therefore, I did learn something in my 20 days!





The hoarfrost early this week was just awesome. I remember in my Climatology class taking notes specifically about what type of weather lead to hoarfrost because I wanted to know how to predict when I could get some cool pics. I really want to get hoarfrost pics at sunrise someday!





These pictures do not do justice to how pretty all the trees look coated in the little white icicles. I was in a GIS training course all day so I was unable to get out to any of the wide open spaces. These pictures were all taken in my alley right at sunset.

Here is a photo of the night before (Monday) as the hoarfrost was forming on the trees. This photo may or may not have been taken on a late evening stroll to get junk food… I have the worst time returning home from vacation. It doesn’t matter whether it is a big vacay (like FL or Mexico) or if its just a few days in the big city eating sushi and such!



At least I made it to the gym before I had to have a late night junk food fix. :-)

No comments: