Thursday, March 5, 2009

an easy way to do something good everyday

Everyone likes to do their part (hopefully!). There are so many ways to give these days. And so many people and programs need support.

I think I have found the easiest way ever to give. Just use GoodSearch.com whenever you need to search the internet. It is just like google but with every search a penny is donated to an organization/program/project. You can select a specific organization or GoodSearch will give the money to the 'charity of the day'. It is super easy and the pennies really do add up! I know by seeing the amount raised for my chosen non-profit - our local animal shelter.

The next two websites are just about as easy too. They are Free Kibble and Free KibbleKat. Each day you answer a fun trivia question about dogs and cats and respectively 10 pieces of dog or cat food are donated. Again it doesn't sound like much but the 10 pieces add up fast. The best part - a 12 year old girl started both websites to feed animals at her local shelter and it has become a nationwide program!

Do you see my trend - I have such a weakness for animals in need. So these websites are something simple I can do everyday to help out.

Just a thought to pass on...

No comments: