Wednesday, April 1, 2009

you sandbagger

Please proceed, but please keep your mind out of the gutter and think happy thoughts. Remember this.

So what did you do last Friday night? I had a nice date with my husband. And the date continued on Saturday. How romantic, huh? We like to keep that loving feeling alive? Even if our ‘good old days’ are only like 3 years ago! :-)

The majority of the date I watched my husband laugh and have fun with other women. I also watched him get dirty, hot and sweaty with those other women. And, there were several other women. I watched all of this from afar and he knew I saw him.

No April Fool's joke here.

Oh, but don’t worry. I did the exact same thing with other men. I laughed, had fun, got dirty, hot and sweaty with several other men. And Dylan saw it all.

Okay enough! Just writing this is making me ill! Wow! Anyway, all of this is the honest to goodness truth BUT it was all innocent and for a good cause…

We spent our Friday night and Saturday afternoon sandbagging! If you ever need to meet a large group of the nicest people just go help sandbag. Everyone was there to help others. It was pretty awesome! Additionally, sandbagging is not an easy job nor is it necessarily the most fun thing to do, however you would have never know by looking around…

The river is set to crest on Thursday at 50’. Our town should be perfectly fine. And our outlying neighborhoods that put up sandbag levees should also be fine. Yippee!





Here is the happy couple together (at last) leaving Sandbag Central on Saturday afternoon.

PS – sandbagging is also one of the best workouts EVER!!! :-) I can still feel it days later.

No comments: